Bloom 2015 (An Irish Gardening Show)!

10:15:00


On Sunday of the June bank holiday weekend, my mother, my aunt and I set off to Bloom 2015! Bloom is a gardening show, I had never heard of until my mother asked me to attend. It is a Gardening and Food Fare that is held in The Phoenix Park, Co. Dublin on a yearly basis. As I'd never been before, and food is one of the biggest areas that relates to my course, I thought I would go, while sporting my Hoodie that reads "Agricultural Science" in large capital letters on the back. 

We headed to Bloom at about half 8 in the morning, and arrived shortly before 10 o' clock. Oddly the drive to Dublin didn't feel as long as usual, which was odd seeing as Bloom is a massive event held by Bord Bia in Ireland. We were guided by security and staff to a parking area. I was fairly impressed with how well organised the event was. There were people everywhere ready to give information on the events taking place on the day. 

We bought our tickets online previously. Student fee was 15 euro and 18 euro was the price of an adult ticket. We entered after we were checked by security at the entrance and headed to an information point where we were handed a brochure and entered some competitions where we were given the chance to win many prizes. 


We were greeted to the event by a few of the cutest gardens. Some which were given highly commended awards and such. We saw the top gardens later on in the day. Some of the Gardens were so cute and quirky. I felt like I was in a blogger or a photographer's dream, as I frantically took picture upon picture with my Fujifilm camera that was hanging from my neck.


 

This Garden titled "The Inside Out Garden" was one of the most strikingly memorable gardens. I thought it was such a lovely idea to design a Garden based on a bedroom design. I love how there is a flower bed displayed on a regular bed that one would sleep in. What really completes this garden is  the bits of details like the flowers in the lights etc.

We proceeded to a big tent which had a few more lovely gardens on display as well as an area where people could buy some plants of their own. 






These are just some examples of some of the plants that were available to buy on the day. I couldn't really put more photos in this post as it is very picture heavy!!!

I know my mum really wanted to purchase this yellow Dahlia plant. Unfortunately it was gone so she bought two pink ones instead. I noticed there were so many offers on plants at this two such as "5 plants for 20 euro" etc. So if you are really into your gardening, this would be a great event to attend!



This Garden called "The Teddy Bear Garden" was awarded a silver medal. Honestly I don't really like it that much but I do think it is a sweet idea. However not a very durable idea when you consider the Irish climate and the reputation it has when it comes to rainfall and precipitation, 


However I liked this garden, even though I forget the name of it. I just love a Garden that has a pond as a centre piece, although it may take a bit of maintenance.

After this initial taste of some of the gardens, we went around to the Food Fares and had a look at the pure Irish food that was available to buy and taste at the event. There were so many different brands, some I was fairly familar with from regular grocery shopping and some new faces in the food business community.









There were plenty of different nibbles to taste and sample which attracted masses and masses of people to different tents and different stands. The tasters available ranged from flavoured egg proteins, to mushrooms, to seasoned potatoes to yoghurts. I literally felt like I was eating the whole time.

I really enjoyed the pestos from the Happy Pear and I am delighted to hear that they are available in SuperValu which is local to my area. I also remember when Killowen Farm came to UCD and offered us some samples of their yoghurt and milk and dairy commodities. I really liked the fact that they had a variety of flavours such as Hazelnut and rhubarb. I believe they're available in SuperValu too!


Finally we headed to see some of the top ranked gardens, including the winning garden of Bloom 2015!




I believe this was the fourth Garden. I really liked the stone elements of this one and the array of subtle plants and shrubbery. 






This above picture is the Winning Garden and deservedly so. It is sleek, modern and neat. The plants are all kept together and are tidy but not impeccably so. They aren't overly fluorescent and hence don't take the attention away from the red statue in the centre.




Here is another cute garden. I like the idea of the shoes, but it is very symmetrical, repetitive and easy to tend to.


I really hope that you guys enjoyed having a look at some of the snapshots I captured at Bloom. I enjoyed it a lot. I'd really recommend tourists and even native Irish people to attend. It is a great day out for the family. Amenities are available for the kids also from parks to face painting.

If you are looking to attend next year, information can be obtained from bloominthepark.com !


What have you guys spent your weekend doing?
Have you ever been to Bloom or any other gardening shows?

Let me know in the comments.

Ellen,
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x




FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin























You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. Look amazing, and nice photo's too! x coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This event sounds lovely - I love days out wandering around places like this! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh it is wonderful. I had such a lovely time. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Garden shows - my parents always go to Chelsea Flower show and I get so jealous. I don't really garden, but my mum is obsessed with it!

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha yeah the garden's look gorgeous but I wouldn't want to tend them.

      Delete
  4. Hey Dear,
    I really like your Posts & you have great Pictures. Would you like to support each other and follow via Bloglovin, Google + & GFC? That would be so cool, and I hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    MY BLOG
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you very much :)
      Follow me if you like my stuff and I will check out your blog and follow you if I like yours. :)

      Delete
  5. these pictures are all so beautiful!
    xx, kenz

    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you very much :D
      I am quite proud of them if I do say so myself.

      Delete
  6. Amazing pics

    New post :
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Original gardens... amazing pics!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pictures!! thank you for sharing!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome.
      I am so happy you enjoyed this post.

      Delete
  9. Nice :) Enjoy the weekend!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful place !
    Great photos.
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place! I liked your photos :)
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun event! The brie cheese looks delicious!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha it wasn't the tastiest bit there. :)
      There was chocolate fudge and loads of delicious bits there. :)

      Delete
  13. Wow what a gorgeous place! I would love for this to happen where I live! :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there are garden shows in Canada.
      You should do your research.

      Delete
  14. Looks so lovely and like you had a really good time!

    http://josieannacatherine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful! We would to visit this place, we probably leave, just look at all those gorgeous flowers :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh it was great!
      There was music and entertainment too!
      It was kind of like a festival!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!