Make Up Revolution: Lipsticks!

09:00:00





Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all well.

I am writing a post about some lipsticks I have added to my collection from the Make Up Revolution range. Make Up Revolution are a beauty brand who have a reputation for creating dupes of high end products, but charging a fraction of the cost for them!! In recent times, there has been a lot of talk about this brand in the blogosphere, so I really wanted to try some products out and see if they were really as good as some of the claims stated.

So I eventually found the time to browse through the website and pick a few items that appealed to me.

I was particularly excited about the lipsticks as it is one of the make up products that you really can't have enough of. As I lost my one and only MAC lipstick in "Up the Amp", I really wanted to find something to replace it until I conjure up enough money to repurchase the beloved amplified lip. When I saw the "Iconic Pro" Lipstick in the shade "Liberty", I was sure that this might function as a dupe. I also picked up a shade I thought looked fairly neutral which was "Looking
 Ahead".

I also bought an "Atomic Lipstick" from Makeup Revolution in the colour "Make it Right" which was a much more dramatic violet colour, potentially a dupe for another MAC lipstick.


(From Top to bottom)
Liberty, Make it Right, Looking Ahead.


So here are the three lipsticks. I love the colours of them all and I think they will definitely work with my skin tone. The two Iconic Pro lipsticks were £2.49 and the atomic lipstick was merely £1.00. Quality wise, all products seem similar. I haven't applied them to my lips yet, but when I was swatching them they felt very smooth and moisturising. The only difference I could find between the two different ranges of lipsticks was the packaging and the amount of product.

The Atomic lipstick comes in a completely black package with a flat top and has a bit less product than the Iconic Pro lipsticks.

I think the packaging on the Iconic Pro lipsticks is absolutely gorgeous. They come in these black bullet shaped containers, which have beautiful rose gold writing and other detailing.

The only negative I have that I found the delivery took a lot longer than I expected. I ordered on the 3rd of June and received my order on the 13th of June.

I am extremely excited to try these products and I will definitely have to review these soon for you guys.





Have you tried any lipsticks from Make up Revolution?
What did you think?


Ellen,

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x



FacebookTwitterInstagramBloglovin



You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Heh. Dupes for MAC are always a good thing.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good old MAC lipstick but they are pretty expensive :(

      Delete
  2. Sucks that it took so long to get but wow what stunning colors! I can't wait to see you wear them :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Tash :D
      I really like them at the moment.
      I will have to post some pictures with them.

      Delete
  3. MAC dupes always sounds interesting for me! Looking Ahead is such a stunning colour *heart eye emoji*

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!!!
    http://befashion31.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the colours of these! That middle purple is out of this world! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I love those vampy shades!!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie :)
      I can't get enough of purples. :)

      Delete
  7. Great picks :) I'm definitely loving Looking Ahead! Such a gorgeous shade!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow the packaging is so similar to mac's! loving the purple shades x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

StyleWe

View StyleWe

The Girl Gang!

Dorkface

Jexshop

Dress Link!